The following questions can help you start a conversation with your physician about coronary microvascular disease. Take these questions with you to your appointment, write down additional questions that you have, and take notes on your physician’s responses.
- I have been having chest pain during routine activities. Could it be heart disease?
- Do I have risk factors for heart disease?
- Would I benefit from a stress test?
- Would I benefit from an angiogram or other imaging test?
- My stress test showed a problem, but my angiogram did not show any blockages. Could I have microvascular disease?
- What can we do to treat my microvascular disease?
- Are there lifestyle changes that I should be making for my heart health?
- Are there medications that can reduce my risk of a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack?
Remember, if you experience sudden chest pain or other heart attack symptoms, call 911 for emergency help.
Click here to download PDF