The following questions can help you talk to your physician about your sexual activity concerns. Print out or write down these questions and take them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your physician’s response when you get home.
- When will I be able to resume sexual activity?
- If I had a heart attack, when will I be able to resume sexual activity?
- If I had an elective heart procedure, when will I be able to resume sexual activity?
- Is one type of sexual activity safer than another?
- Will having sex make me have a heart attack?
- What symptoms will I have if sexual activity is putting too much strain on my heart?
- What should I do if I have chest pain during sex?
- Are any of my current medications affecting my sex life?
- Could erectile dysfunction medications help me? Are there any drug interactions with my current medications?
- Will my heart disease get in the way of a pregnancy?
You can print this list of questions here. (PDF format)